Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mama's a worship leader, too.

Yesterday I wrote about how my dad has led me in worship by his example. For the second day of Worship in Real Life, I want to share about the treasure that is my mom.


This picture was taken from my mom's week long visit after Hosanna was born. She came from South Dakota after Ransom's birth, too. On her visits she sends Andrew and me on dates. She does the dishes. She holds babies so I can take showers. She keeps me company and we have talks and lots of tea. On her last visit she took scraps of fabric and fashioned a bag to hold our birthday banner because I'd been using a ziplock gallon bag. She picks flowers and puts them in the window. She'll play the piano. My mom is a celebrator of life. When a grandchild is born, she'll be there with her suitcase, a handmade blanket (or two), finding petty solutions, ready to minister, ready to hold, watch, serve.

To this daughter whose love language is acts of service, I witness such love from my mom's example, and I see it as her love for Jesus being poured out, perfume for his feet. 

Like with my dad, I have memories of worshiping with my mom in church, but it is the everyday intentional acts of service and senseless acts of beauty she presents that show me a different side of giving glory to Jesus in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment