Often when I glance around our home I get frustrated by all there is to do around the house. There's always something besides my family that's crying for attention and my mental to do list never gets completed. I know that it's a part of life and not abnormal.
BUT...
What a cute boy, right? What? You didn't notice him right away? Yes, that's a desk in the background. Maybe I should clean that mess up a bit...
Perhaps, I think, the disorganization and some of the excess stuff around here is taking up mental space and causing guilt and sneakily is taking up valuable time which I could think of spending in hundreds of different, fun, God-honoring ways. Grrr... Stuff maintenance shall not be my god.
Practically, we are a family with kids and someday we hope to have more, so I have a feeling there will be no shortage of stuff in our home, but it doesn't have to consume our lives!
So, today I'm thinking of decluttering as an act of worship. I am not going to make organization and perfection and materialism my god, but do my best to clear space for the things that matter more.
These links really inspired me. Enjoy!
http://www.thenester.com/2013/10/living-with-less.html
http://www.thenester.com/2012/10/31-days-nobodys-dream-job.html

No comments:
Post a Comment