Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Married to a worship leader

My husband is a worship leader, my favorite one, which is a blessing and a curse. It means I am spoiled at our home church because I sort of know what to expect from the music. There will be songs with words I agree with, focused on Jesus. There will be smooth transitions between songs. It will be thoughtful and not rushed, but not too draggy-on-y. People will sing along. (Our church is a singing church, and I LOVE that!) And, AND there's an incredibly handsome and manly man on that stage singing and playing his guitar for Jesus! 

This is all great, but when I'm in a worship service that isn't what I'm used to, it can be easy to let the differences distract me from the One the worship is for.

Know what I mean? 

Awkward transitions. A harmony that doesn't work. Songs I've never heard before. A guitar solo during every song? Agh! I'm so distracted!

I am learning that I have to get over it. If I'm only having a good "worship experience" at my home church, I'm worshiping the wrong god. 

Jesus is worthy of heart-felt worship wherever I am, and it's immature of me to check out because the worship somewhere else is not my style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment