Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no.
So the last hour's been spent sleep training her, which is loud and no fun, but enables me to get some evening chores done between checking in on her. Focusing on reading a book won't work till she's sleeping.
So I finished the dishes and took the dumpsters to the curb and put some nuts in water to soak (because I like to pretend to be Paleo sometimes), longing for that spot on the couch.
But, it's okay. No, doing all those chores don't make me feel like I'm coming alive the way reading a good book or creating something artistic might, but there's still opportunity as I do these things to bless and worship and delight, even to the sound of a restless baby.
There is grace sufficient for me right now, this minute. Off I go to check on and kiss the baby girl. Soon enough she'll sleep on her own and I'll miss these cuddly days.
No comments:
Post a Comment