Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cover your walls with worship

Continuing October's 31 Days of Worship in Real Life series, today I want to talk about displaying truth. 


Above is a picture of Ransom's room. There are some paintings on the wall, some decorated plastic frames filled with meaningful or cute illustrations, and this print of Psalm 23:1. 

Ransom has Psalm 23 mostly memorized, so when I happened upon this print, I knew I wanted to hang it in his room. He asked me what it said, so I told him. The next day I was putting clothes away in his room and he was climbing up on the crib, looking at the print as he quoted almost all of Psalm 23. That blessed me so much! It makes me want to find more scripture prints or to make my own scripture collages for our home so God's truth is decorating our walls and is seen by our eyes and becomes written on our hearts. 

AJ and I have an idea to have a prayer wall in our house, something we can cover with paper (or chalkboard paint, maybe, when we're not renters) and write our prayers on. We need to get on that project! 

How can you cover your walls with worship that honors Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment