Friday, October 8, 2010

this morning

this morning

satisfying time spent with Andrew before work
he helped me find answers to my questions
didn't just write me off
another reason why I love him so!

in The Descent to Hell" Charles Williams's chapter
"The Doctrine of Substituted Love"
was very good
a hopeful light
in a so far ghostly book

encountered a lady on the bus
she gave me a new outfit for the baby
it says, "heaven sent"
she seemed heaven sent to me

walking from the bus stop to work
cloudy morning, which I love
passing the holly and the ivy...
remembering four part harmony singing
with my family

seeing a grey squirrel
makes me want to revisit
Beatrix Potter's "Squirrel Nutkin"
and other friends of hers

looking forward to this weekend
a retreat with my Andrew
and plans to pick apples and admire pumpkins with friends

I pass another walker and we smile
a mona lisa smile remains on my face
after we pass

crisp, autumn air
but it makes my face warm when I get inside
the chilly air was a relief
to my warm baby incubating body!


Ecclesiastes 9:7-9 (the Message)

Seize life! Eat bread with gusto,
Drink wine with a robust heart. (juice/tea/soymilk in my pregnant case!)
Oh yes—God takes pleasure in your pleasure!
Dress festively every morning.
Don't skimp on colors and scarves.
Relish life with the spouse you love
Each and every day of your precarious life.
Each day is God's gift. It's all you get in exchange
For the hard work of staying alive.
Make the most of each one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel, you're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This I adore, and you as well my dear sister...

    ReplyDelete