Wednesday, September 15, 2010

taking the bus

Recently we moved to a new apartment, anticipating the extra room needed with our little one arriving in December. Our first move. My regular routine of walking to & from work from our former newlywed apartment needed to be reworked since it's too far to walk now.

And so I am now a patroness of the public transportation system of our fair city, and I'm liking it! Today's even my day off & I've taken advantage of my bus pass for the purpose of running my errands to the bank, the library, the natural foods store, all conveniently located from the hub of the bus station. This small town girl feels a little more urban, let me tell you.
It's my hope that this new experience for me (some of you are probably old hands at this sort of thing) will not just offer me more time for getting some reading done as I ride to my next stop. I hope that I will be a blessing and that I'll be brave enough to take opportunities to be courteous and thankful, to be encouraging & that the Spirit of God who lives in me & delights to use even little Rachel will leak out leaving some stardust behind.

6 comments:

  1. there is something slightly romantic about public transportation, i think. albeit sometimes inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for a car for you two! But I am glad you are enjoying the journey in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love public transportation. Just sorta reminds me of traveling. of course in Miami the bus comes once every hour and for the most part, it's half an hour late all the time. COMPLETELY unreliable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO European of you Rach! I wish that we had a better public transportation system like they do in Europe. Then we wouldn't be so dependent on cars. They are such a waste. I love that you have extra time to read! What have you been reading?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so much!!! I've been reading lots of Francine Rivers lately:"Redeeming Love" again, her two new ones that came out this year & were AWESOME!, "Unafraid" about Mary. Also "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency". Now I'm reading Charles Williams's "Descent Into Hell" recommended by Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, you are truly one of a kind, a sweetheart, a romantic, a genuine Godly woman! May you continue to be blessed as you prepare in mind and spirit and body for the coming of Ransom...life is full and wonderful when we are trusting the Father and basking in His Presence.
    We love you!!

    ReplyDelete