We get the "Fearless Flyer" in our mailbox, an advertisement from Trader Joe's. I appreciate the creative ways the products are described & the titles they're given, especially the humor inserted into the ads.
You see, my sisters say I have a corny sense of humor (a blend of my mom & dad's, mostly mom) but all of my sisters laugh at my jokes, so wouldn't that mean what they think is funny is the same as what I think is funny? So, really, we're all corny... :)
Here are four highlights from May's "Fearless Flyer" that I found to be a bit amusing:
~"Without my morning coffee I'm just like a dried up piece of roast goat." -Johann Sebastian Bach
~In a twist on an old adage, life gave us strawberries, so we made lemonade. (for Strawberry Lemonade ad)
~"What's that? You want a snack that's crunchy and satisfying with no added guilt? You're desirous of a dippable delight that is decidedly cabable of holding its own? Surely such a thing cannot exist in the known universe. First, don't call us Shirley... (that's where I loose it...ad for Honey Whole Wheat Pretzel Sticks)
~Some things just go together naturally. Gilbert & Sullivan. Lennon & McCartney. Sonney & Cher. Rice & Beans. Mmmm, rice & beans. (ad for Rice & Bean Chips)
~Top Ten Reasons to Shop at Trader Joe's...
10) Our Legendary Parking Lots
9) We Feature Trend-Setting Hawiian Fashions
8) Free Use of a Shopping Cart
7) Our produce sections are excellent alternatives to Internet dating services
6) We have a Captain, but no Tenille
5) You can eat on the cheap, but tell your friends you're practicing "frugal chic"
4) All Trader Joe's are climate controlled for your comfort
3) No flat screens anywhere in sight
2) Our doors slide open automatically
1) What other grocery store makes you Top Ten Lists?
The bach quote about coffee is hilarious!!! I am laughing outloud in my office.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha...a hem. Laughing with you my dear, and your inherited sense of humor. Truly it's one of the things I adore about you.
ReplyDeleteand #10 their parking lots really are legendary, because they are always packed!
-e