1) I find myself flipping through Home & Garden books/magazines
2) I find myself flipping through Do-It-Yourself/Craft books magazines 3) Thrift stores are a draw for me
4) Yard sales catch my eye
5) I try follow a recipe & end up adding my own touches
6) I like to listen to sermons & audio books while I'm working on projects
7) Phrases like "I love you more than all the tea in China!" and "it'll grow hair on your chest" and "Here we go, rocketing into a fun-filled adventure!" come out of my mouth
8) When I'm in a worship service, a similar intensity of expression is on my face & my singing comes out in a full-sounding way, like my mom's :)
(This picture is one I found while I was working, researching Pentecost. Some jobs give you benefits like insurance & stock market shares, but I have a unique job benefit; I get a working knowledge of the liturgical church calendar & find jewels like this. This quilt is depicting Pentecost. Isn't it creative & beautiful? I thought Mama Ruth, Sue & Jess would appreciate it too.)
Happy Mother's Day!
I love you, Mama Ruth. More than all the tea in China!
Nice list! I find myself opening windows, cleaning the bathroom meticulously and serving dinner like my Mum. Imitation is a high form of flattery. xc
ReplyDeleteYup. All eight I officially do as well. Mom really has rubbed off on us. And she in turn gets that from her mom. I think Grandma Pearl does all of the above, except maybe #1, she prefers National Geographic and the newspaper. :0)
ReplyDelete-e