I had a couple of girls over tonight to hang out & do some life journaling together. Being someone who likes to show love by making food,
I made dump cake.
I made dump cake.
And tonight, I'm gonna show you how to make it! (Lucky you!)
Our neighbor John first shared dump cake with us. He described it as "white trash cobbler";
it's so simple to make. Oh, and it's also delicious. Not healthy, though, so wear your skinny jeans when you eat this so you'll remember why it's not a good idea to make this too often.
Ingredients:
2 ish cups of fruit (a can of pie filling can be used)
a box of cake mix (yellow is the favorite so far)
a stick of butter

DUMP the fruit into a pan. You don't even have to butter the pan. Isn't that so nice and low maintenance of this recipe? I used peaches and cranberries.
DUMP cake mix over the fruit.
Cut the stick of butter into pieces.
DUMP the butter pieces over the cake mix.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes till golden brown.
This is the glorious end result. There will be some places that still look powdery because the cake mix didn't get butter absorbed into it, but that's no problem.
There you go. Don't forget to wear your skinny jeans.
Our neighbor John first shared dump cake with us. He described it as "white trash cobbler";
it's so simple to make. Oh, and it's also delicious. Not healthy, though, so wear your skinny jeans when you eat this so you'll remember why it's not a good idea to make this too often.
Ingredients:
2 ish cups of fruit (a can of pie filling can be used)
a box of cake mix (yellow is the favorite so far)
a stick of butter

DUMP the fruit into a pan. You don't even have to butter the pan. Isn't that so nice and low maintenance of this recipe? I used peaches and cranberries.
DUMP cake mix over the fruit.Cut the stick of butter into pieces.
DUMP the butter pieces over the cake mix.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes till golden brown.
This is the glorious end result. There will be some places that still look powdery because the cake mix didn't get butter absorbed into it, but that's no problem.
There you go. Don't forget to wear your skinny jeans.
I love the skinny jean approach to baking! This does look like a delicious addition to my dessert baking repitoire! I'm even going to pin it on my pintrest board!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE dump cake!! I usually use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Can you tell I love berries?! haha!
ReplyDeleteLOL I always wondered what a dump cake is, now I know! lol I like it! Course I'd prolly make my own cake mix, I've become so allergic to milk and milk by-products (even by cross-contamination) touch it will make me break out in hives and what not... lol I will definitely have to try this soon! lol
ReplyDeleteThe way I see it, is all things in moderation, and um I usually make things from scratch so they don't have chemicals or things like High Fructose Corn Syrup (which does process differently than cane sugar). Anyway, lol so its not quite as bad... ;P
Okay I am rambling.
I love your stuff! Your journal. :D You should drop by mine if you haven't, though haven't posted in a while, though I can't say anyone reads it lol. Not sure I blame them, I tend to write on there when I am not in the best of moods. ;P