Four years of dating you have now passed
and many memories in our brains we've amassed
of togetherness spent
in several places we've dreamt
of how we'll spend our days to the last.
The first time I let you hold my hand
I wore my mittens just as I had planned
Till the time was just right
and many memories in our brains we've amassed
of togetherness spent
in several places we've dreamt
of how we'll spend our days to the last.
The first time I let you hold my hand
I wore my mittens just as I had planned
Till the time was just right
The setting precious and bright
interlocking was awkward but grand.
On the fourth anniversary of our first date as an official couple (that's a mouthful) we went out on the town for a couple hours, just the two of us.First we hit up St. Vincent de Paul for some treasure hunting. I found this pattern (above) on the back of a baby blanket and remember the same design on some sheets we used to have when I was little. It's a cheerful design & I'm becoming more increasingly interested in fabric, patterns, etc. so I snapped a picture.
Our purchase for the evening was a record of "My Fair Lady" that Andrew found. Rex Harrison & Julie Andrews sing the leads. It's another throwback to my childhood!
We window shopped downtown, saw bottles of balsamic vinegar that cost $70, and planted ourselves down for coffee. This is a picture I took of our surroundings. Honoring our budget, we did coffee on the cheap, a contrast to the yuppie/foodie/specialty cuisine atmosphere we were in.
It's nice to have a husband with long arms. He can take great pictures with them, eh?
A kind stranger took this one for us. That pumpkin is huge!Thanks for reading, first, my silly poetry, and second, my happy retelling of a great date with my favorite guy.
I really enjoyed this post, and your "silly" poem! I love you guys!!
ReplyDelete