This morning AJ & I shared about a Christian saint that had made an impact on us in some way. Our criteria was that the saint had to be a person whose life & ministry was Gospel centered, but we didn't limit ourselves to people who the Catholic church, for instance, beautified as saints.

AJ chose Count Niklaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf (yay!).Count Zinzendorf was one of the most influential and controversial spiritual leaders in modern history. He's also considered the pioneer of continuous prayer. (source)

My choice was Lisa Borden. Lisa's a wife, mom of three boys & a girl, author, blogger & a missionary in Tanzania, Africa. I stumbled on her blog a few years ago and was struck by her authenticity, her love for Jesus, and her ability as a wordsmith to describe sometimes ordinary circumstances in a way that turns them into life's sweet moments, glimpses of the kingdom.

In other news:
-We were the Roosevelts for Halloween. AJ=Teddy Roosevelt, I=Mrs. Edith Roosevelt
Ransom, a Teddy bear.
-Andrew had a day off yesterday and it was lovely.
-I could live on squash & sweet potatoes, especially this sweet potato recipe with cinnamon &
garlic that I've made three times in the last week!
-We have really been enjoying the Cosby Show on Netflix lately. It's like lessons in parenting.
Thanks for reading and again, Happy All Saints' Day! What saints have inspired and challenged you?


AJ chose Count Niklaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf (yay!).Count Zinzendorf was one of the most influential and controversial spiritual leaders in modern history. He's also considered the pioneer of continuous prayer. (source)

My choice was Lisa Borden. Lisa's a wife, mom of three boys & a girl, author, blogger & a missionary in Tanzania, Africa. I stumbled on her blog a few years ago and was struck by her authenticity, her love for Jesus, and her ability as a wordsmith to describe sometimes ordinary circumstances in a way that turns them into life's sweet moments, glimpses of the kingdom.

In other news:
-We were the Roosevelts for Halloween. AJ=Teddy Roosevelt, I=Mrs. Edith Roosevelt
Ransom, a Teddy bear.
-Andrew had a day off yesterday and it was lovely.
-I could live on squash & sweet potatoes, especially this sweet potato recipe with cinnamon &
garlic that I've made three times in the last week!
-We have really been enjoying the Cosby Show on Netflix lately. It's like lessons in parenting.
Thanks for reading and again, Happy All Saints' Day! What saints have inspired and challenged you?

LOVE the family pic!
ReplyDelete