Sunday, November 21, 2010

kairos moment

Wednesday on the bus I was on my way to my doctor's appointment & I had what Madeleine L'Engle calls a kairos moment. From what I remember from Walking on Water, this sweet book she wrote about creativity & being a Christian, kairos is a moment outside of normal time, chronos. It's a moment of realization, where things seem more real, more of what they really are meant to be. This pops into my mind to explain kairos: as if for a moment the veil of the Shadowlands is taken away & a shimmer of a glimpse is permitted into the greater story being written.
On that crowded bus I was aware of the life inside of me, of the miracle that he is, and the intentional timing of God in bringing him into our lives. How thankful I am for our baby, for every movement he makes that reminds me of the MIRACLE he is!
Moments like this make me excited about living, about the story of beauty God is creating from our ashes.
After the kairos moment hit, I took some pictures of the things in my lap, wanting to remember what little interests are making up my life right now & to keep pictures of this season before Ransom comes. Wanting to remember the kairos, the particular lighting on the bus that day, etc.
By looking at what's in my lap here, and what I'm wearing, I am thinking of Laryn, the Vencills, Erin, Jessica, Moriah, mom & dad, my interest in cooking & sharing in the pleasure of old movies with AJ & our friend Tony.
I am looking forward to this business of living & to living past the Shadowlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment