Thursday, July 1, 2010

when do you feel most alive?

I've been going through this book called Expecting, which goes week by week through pregnancy & describes the baby's development & the development of the mom & there's a prayer that ties in to the week's developments & finally a page to briefly journal. I've been procrastinating with it, now being in my fifteenth week of pregnancy, so I am going back over the previous weeks & reading & praying what I've missed. Tonight I just finished week 6 & the journal question is: when do you feel most alive? I wrote:

"It always has something to do with the Holy Spirit. Sometimes it's celebrating-a wedding, a graduation, or watching spontaneous baptisms at church! Sometimes it's on a date with AJ when we really get to talking & merely holding hands is electrifying. Sometimes it's talking with a friend (like with Jamie last night) & hearing her stories of God's provision-I get such hope! Sometimes it's when I create-paint, cook. Sometimes it's when I'm on a walk & the breeze hits my face & the air smells like Michigan. Or in the summer when I've just gotten out of a lake & the sun warms me dry. Or when I finish reading something good, or experience something beautiful in an unexpected place. Like a cellist playing in the Portland airport as I wait for a flight."

3 comments:

  1. First I'd like to see how I never heard that you were pregnant?!?! Words cant express how EXCITED I am for you my dear Rachel! Congratulations! I am thrilled!
    God bless you and your husband and your sweet little baby growing safely inside. Baby, I cant wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, rachel! this is a round-about way to publicly announce your pregnancy! many joyful congrats to you! :D

    also, i love what you wrote about when you feel most alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I haven't been here in a while and just saw that you're pregnant! That's amazing :) Congratulations honey xc

    ReplyDelete