AJ, having worked and saved & also having received birthday & graduation money was able to pay cash for his ideal guitar amp. It's a Vox AC30. The Beatles used an amp like this. So does Dustin Kensrue, one of our favorite songwriter/singer/musicians. AJ likes the smooth sounds he can get out of this amp & also the distortion. This amp is a blessing & it means AJ doesn't have to borrow amps from his friends anymore & can bring his own to band practices & gigs!

Since I don't know musical hardware lingo so well as AJ or his friends, my excited response to show my gladness for this new blessing was to cook! I made up a recipe & called it "Vox International Pitas".

It starts in the sauce pan. Finely chop some garlic & saute with butter on low heat, add some oregano, and saute long enough so it smells lovely & Italian but not so long that it browns.
Place garlic & oregano into a bowl, add chopped tomato, chopped red onion, shredded carrot, and chopped mango. Mix together.
In another skillet I took some brats from Trader Joe's and cooked them. When they were cooked through, I cut them into coin shapes.Take some pita bread, cut it in half, toast it, smear hummus on the inside, insert a nice green lettuce leaf or two, and fill with some of the veggie mixture & brat "coins". Serve with lime wedges & squeeze the lime into the pita filling. Ah! It's like eating the rainbow.
I thought I'd presume to put "international" in the recipe name because flavors in this meal remind me of Italy, Mexico, Germany, and Mediterranean cuisine.

(And this is us on Memorial Day!)
How creative! Sounds delicious.
ReplyDelete