Monday, July 26, 2010

Pearl & George

I opened my mailbox today & found a letter from my mom! Letters are my favorite.
Enclosed with the letter she sent me a picture of my grandparents, Pearl & George from the summer of 1941. I'd never seen the picture before but it is significant to me now especially because my grandma was pregnant with her first baby at the time this picture was taken. Jane was born on December 19 (the same month as the Pearl Harbor attack); our baby is due December 18 (what history makers will mark our time). It's a pleasure to be able to have this picture of my grandparents, getting a glimpse of them at this stage of their marriage on the brink of parenthood while AJ & I are at the same stage the summer before our baby is born.
My mom wrote, "You are at the same stage of pregnancy as she was--you the summer of 2010, she the summer of 1941--sixty-nine years apart. It makes you think about life--it rolls on and on controlled by God. It is beyond us..."

4 comments:

  1. :) This is great rach!!! I can't wait to see cute pregnant belly when I get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treat to find in your post! Thank you so much for becoming a Parisienne Farmgirl follower! I really appreciate it and have been meaning to thank you for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old pictures. There is always a feel of history about them, even if you have no idea what it's about.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete