Friday, July 10, 2009

Rich

I feel like a wealthy woman. Late last night Andrew was playing his guitar & writing down lyrics for a song he's working on, as I was baking a cake for a bridal shower/bachelorette party for my friend Emily tonight. As I sat on the couch, I was brainstorming ways to frost the cake this afternoon, when I looked at Andrew creating & looked around me & had the impression that we are wealthy. All of our needs are taken care of & we still are able to give away to other people. Seems like wealth to me.
Circumstances would argue. We're broke. We're also fighting that mentality because we have this crazy idea that we're going on a three week road trip to visit family starting next Friday, and as we were praying yesterday, we still thought it was a good idea. Time (a little less than a week) will tell, but we keep hoping. Monster Mammon doesn't like us right now, but he doesn't matter, I'm convinced.
So, as my 24-7 Prayer Facebook friend Carla Harding likes to say (wouldn't she love that introduction?), if you are of the praying to Jesus persuasion, send one out for us.
In the meantime, I am thankful to be so wealthy. This wealth must be from the One who is Beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Great reasoning! I love your definition of wealthy. Only if everyone looked at wealth that way... It's awesome to know that God will always provide our needs. It's even more awesome to know that God loves to give us more than what we need... :)

    ReplyDelete