This last weekend we were in a wedding. It was slightly stressful, but worth it (?) for the outcome & to be involved in the lives of our dear friends. I love weddings & going to them to show support for the merry marrying couple. I'm a die hard who believes in staying until the bride & groom are off to their next destination before leaving a wedding celebration, no matter how many hours pass. I like to see them off & wave & make noise & be included in the farewell. It's important to me to celebrate these milestones & the serious intention & love shown in the guts it takes to enter into a marriage. Love it! :)
Here's a picture of Emily, the beautiful bride, before she married her best friend, David. I love her joy. :)
Here's a picture of Andrew & me having coffee in the hospital...seriously! This hospital was like a resort...best coconut soy latte I've ever had. Andrew got a punch card because of all of the visits we'll be making to our friends who are having children at this hospital. We may even go there for dates, it was that good...
And then, there's encouragement. Three days in a row, starting Tuesday, I've had talks with people about Campus America (goodsearch.com it) the prayer initiative that I'm involved in & excited about. After each rendezvous with Joel & Krista, Ray & Becki, & Leslee, respectively, I'm left filled... :) Filled and thoughtful & thankful & wondering how God can love me so much. I'm glad, humbled, grateful, curious about the rest of God's plan.
Here's a picture of Emily, the beautiful bride, before she married her best friend, David. I love her joy. :)Yesterday two of my friends gave birth to their firstborn children. Lysha (married to Chris) gave birth to a girl, Zoey, and Amy (married to Luke) gave birth to a boy, Samuel. Andrew & I went to the hospital to visit them yesterday afternoon. Lots of our friends & acquaintances are having babies this month, an interesting phenomenon to us. I'm encouraging Andrew to expose himself to the newborns who will be in our lives (another one to come: Caleb, Corey & Bekah's son who's due soon). My intention here is to get him used to babies so when it's our turn, he'll be readied. Babies should be celebrated, too, I think, and it was an honor to be able to visit two in the same day at the hospital, hours after their mothers travailed to have them. God is amazing, by the way.
Here's a picture of Andrew & me having coffee in the hospital...seriously! This hospital was like a resort...best coconut soy latte I've ever had. Andrew got a punch card because of all of the visits we'll be making to our friends who are having children at this hospital. We may even go there for dates, it was that good...
And then, there's encouragement. Three days in a row, starting Tuesday, I've had talks with people about Campus America (goodsearch.com it) the prayer initiative that I'm involved in & excited about. After each rendezvous with Joel & Krista, Ray & Becki, & Leslee, respectively, I'm left filled... :) Filled and thoughtful & thankful & wondering how God can love me so much. I'm glad, humbled, grateful, curious about the rest of God's plan.
This is truly a season for celebration! Did you know that Justin & Mandy LeLaCheur had a baby boy, Elisha, on Tuesday? And, Cori & Gary are having Kaden today. Cori's c-section at 4:30pm!I can't believe all of the babies being born this month, it's incredible!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I made all that food for 60 people for a fundraiser dinner we held at our church to help our youth raise money for camp. It was very successful and God richly blessed us. :)