This week I feel as though I've been enveloped into a different life, finding random pockets of peace, spurts of creativity, & unexpected favor. It began humbly, Monday morning, with my expectation that this would be an extra trying week. AJ's band is recording their first album this week (hooray!) but since all members are working men with day jobs, the majority of the recording is done after work hours, 6pm-midnight or later. Since evenings are usually when we get family time, I was prepared to be bummed and to have to get used to a single mom lifestyle.
But, I couldn't see the whole picture. Jesus had a different attitude He wanted me to adopt, and through His kindness, I'm humbled to now describe some of the sweet things that have been happening this week.

Tuesday, as normal, I hosted a girls small group at my house. Each evening, we end our time by sharing prayer requests and praying for the person on our left. First, I was feeling challenged to ask for prayer for something specific (thanks to encouragement from my sister Liz) and different than usual. I asked the girls to pray that while AJ's recording this week that the time he's away would be good for me, full of creativity & good time with Jesus. Second, those girls blessed me by not sticking to the "pray for the person to your left" guideline & a couple of them prayed for what I asked along with my regular prayer requests.
Wednesday afternoon I got a text from Lysha, inviting me to dinner at her in-laws' house two hours away. I got the ok from AJ, packed up the baby, invited my friend Anne to come along, and we were off. We returned to town well after 1 am and I felt grateful for the company I kept that evening, spurring me to creativity & godliness in my roles as a Christian, wife, and mom.

Thursday AJ has a long lunch & we had some great family time. I accomplished laundry. :) One of the sweetest things was playing with Ransom that day. There was a point before bedtime when I was on back on the floor & he was on my tummy & he quietly rested his head under my chin for several minutes. I just held him, gratefully. Between work & recording AJ came home, was there to witness Ransom climbing all the way up the stairs for the first time and was able to read him bedtime stories before he went to the recording studio. When AJ got home, (12:30 a.m.) we watched the latest Terra Nova on hulu together while I finally finished putting together our birthday banner.
I'll finish by telling what happened today in another post, but what I want to express by all this is that Jesus is showing off. He's taking my lowly, downright pessimistic expectations and by many kindnesses, making my attitude more beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment