Monday, November 14, 2011

Thrice show in P-Town

As an early third anniversary celebration, AJ & I left the baby with our Poet family overnight & drove to Portland to see Thrice, a favorite band of ours.


There was a moment when Dustin was singing the song "Treading Paper" and he stepped away from the microphone but the crowd/fans kept singing the words:

If anything means anything, there must be--
something meant for us to be, a song that we were made to sing.
There must be so much more than we can see.


It was one of those moments when you HOPE the gospel's getting through.
These sort of shows aren't really my scene (I'm no mosher because I'm pretty sure my 5'3'' self would get crushed) but I really enjoyed it, especially Thrice's bit, and the whole being with my husband part. :) Even the long, late drive home was lovely.

Other items: at the venue, called the Wonder Ballroom, they had a restaurant underneath called Under Wonder and I had the best French dip I've ever had...with no napkins. Intense.


Also, before the show we made an IKEA stop to dream a little, and to pick up a birthday present for a little boy who will be one in a just a couple of weeks!

1 comment: