Wednesday morning
Right now enjoying Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack & Ransom's wakeful stretching. He's on a blanket on the floor.
Drinking a little coffee (again!...didn't care for it during pregnancy). Read Psalm 30 & texted Isaiah 12:6 to AJ:
Shout and sing for joy
O inhabitant of Zion,
for great in your midst is the
Holy One of Israel.
O inhabitant of Zion,
for great in your midst is the
Holy One of Israel.
Lately Andrew has told me he is eager for his band to play music together again because he has the desire to shout from the rooftops again, to do shows. He told me this on Monday night when he & I had a Starbucks date while mom watched Ransom. We read Isaiah 12 then & I thought this verse was a good one for AJ.
The boy got restless so he's in my lap now, wide eyed & watchful as Fur Elise plays on the CD.

I love kissing his wrinkly worry lines on his forehead. And I LOVE when his eyes are open & he's aware! And when he's cuddly!
Last night AJ, mom, Ransom and I went to the church so AJ could practice the music he's doing for a special on Sunday (my birthday!). The song is an instrumental Carol of the Bells/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen song. It sounded GOOD. And it was Ransom's first time hearing a live band. I'm not sure if he liked it because he was a little fussy that time of night, but there were moments he appeared to be taking it in.

This is a precious morning, enjoying & holding & watching & kissing my son.
I've taken to calling him "sweetie pie". May need to find a more masculine term of endearment for when he grows up.
Mom says he has a sweet spirit.
He responds to music! To singing: me singing "Jesus Loves Me" & "Ransom, little Ransom" to the tune of my song & "Goodnight little Ransom Goodnight" or AJ singing "Count Your Blessings", the song from White Christmas. Or mom playing the piano; that won her over, his liking her piano playing!
Oh and he smiles! Don't know if he knows what he's doing, but I love it just the same! He has his daddy's dimples!
thanks for this window into your mommy-hood and the small moments that it includes. i loved reading this.
ReplyDeletealso, if i forgot to say so before, i love the name Ransom. was it from CS Lewis' Prelandra trilogy?
Yes it is!!!!!! We love those books and have always loved the name Ransom, so...
ReplyDeleteOh, didn't realize that Rachel is still logged onto my computer... This is Andrew (her husband), and that last post was also.
ReplyDelete