Thursday, March 3, 2011

back to work

Tuesday marked my re-entry into the work force. I have a little job as a church receptionist that gives me 6 hours a week. The work's not too crazy--manageable tasks that benefit from my melancholy* tendencies to have order & I'm gratified when I'm able to get everything done on my to-do list.
My first day back was the first of the month, the first weekday the church office is open, and newsletter day! There were lots of tasks waiting for me when I returned because of the day I happened to come back so I was double checking my work to make sure I was remembering how to do things.
But then, let's throw a baby into the mix!


That's right, Ransom comes to work with me. I'm SO blessed to be able to work at a job that allows me to bring my baby. I was very nervous about how it would work out, but I'm happy to report he did a great job while I did my job. :) Those baby Bjorn carriers are a wonder (we have a different brand of the same thing)!
I will keep praying Ransom will do well as I do the filing, the editing, the updating, the answering phones (haven't had to face that task yet), etc. that go on in the office.
For those of you wondering, this won't be a long term position. I intend to work for a few months (the goal is to apply my paychecks toward my student loan) & then to graduate into the position of a full-time stay at home mom.

We took this family picture on Friday. It only took about thirty tries before Ransom looked at the camera & the tv wasn't in the background!
Our baby is 3 months old today!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachel he is so cute! I hope Chris left everything in good order for you. We have been saying for months now that we would love to get together with you guys. We had every intion of offering to make you dinner after you had Ransom but it never happened. We are moving next weekend but maybe after we get settled we all can get together. I hope all goes well back at work!

    ReplyDelete