
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Pike's Place Public Market
Day before our friends John & Kristin tied the knot, they & we their friends traversed to Pike's Place Public Market in Seattle to get fresh flowers for the wedding. It was my first time at Pike's and I loved it! Only forty minutes or so spent there, but it was enough to whet my appetite for a longer visit. John bought a fresh sourdough baguette and the pictures below show us consuming it. SO GOOD! I also ate a Russian pastry that had dough that was a gorgeous yellow color (was there saffron in the dough?) with cinnamon and cardamom! Eating it warm on a chilly overcast Northwest morning in the crowds of Pike's Place...ah...it was a moment for me. A foodie moment. :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I love Seattle! Pike's Place is fantastic. There is this amazing instrument store there and a scrumptious little cafe called "3 Sisters". Did you see the famous fish market? I just finished a book about it.
ReplyDeleteI didn't, that is, up close I didn't. But I saw where it was in the general direction. Need more time there, surely!
ReplyDeleteSO glad you experienced Pike's Place! And with some beloved friends. I love imagining you guys passing the baguette and each taking a whopping bite (the photo of you eating is perfection)!
ReplyDelete