Tuesday, February 16, 2010

spiritual gifts

Ever take one of those spiritual gift assessments? I took one last week & was a little surprised by the results. The three gifts I scored highest on were, in order:
1) teaching (with fifteen points)
2) word of knowledge (with thirteen points)
3) faith (with twelve points)
Teaching, my highest? I come from a family of teachers. Three aunts, two sisters, both my parents...and I sort of hoped my tendency to break the mold in the family (not necessarily accurate, but by that I mean I was the only girl who wasn't a band kid, the only girl who stayed home a year after college...unless Moriah changes that, and other little things like that) would disqualify me for teaching. But I find myself more pleasantly surprised that I scored so high in this area & it makes me think. Jesus, how would you like me to put this gift to use?
Also, interestingly, I scored a 6 in intercession. My disciplines don't match my lofty ideas of my prayer life. Room for improvement.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really cool, Rachel.
    Teaching can look like a lot of different things. It's exciting to see that that is a way that God has gifted you and to see all the possibilities of how you can use your gifts.

    Chris and I both took these tests last week. Mine were:
    Leadership (14)
    Exhortation (14)
    Intercession (13)
    Chris's results surprised me, too. His primaries were administration, teaching and pastoral.

    It's exciting to see something on paper that shows where God might be leading you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I remember when you preached at church. I was really blessed by it. Maybe you could use your gift in that way? But know that whatever you do and however God uses you, we are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete