Saturday, December 19, 2009

tea for Christmas

I was permitted an early Christmas present from Andrew & was so delighted with it that I'm devoting pictures & an entry to it.


Busted out the Brown Betty teapot for this one! I love the beautiful way that the tea is wrapped. The paper around the tea has gold crowns on it, which I am thrilled to be able to use to make cards or other crafty things with. Two mornings in a row I've enjoyed English Breakfast tea, and I'm looking forward to having more today as I attack some reading I've been meaning to do. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, Tea with Jane Austen, and some plays from my former drama instructor in college.
Thank you Andrew for the gift of British tea! You know me so well, know how much I am enthralled with England, with good tea & you truly take delight in watching me enjoy these things. And how that puts me in mind of God's love...what enjoyment he feels when I'm enjoying what he's given me, but deeper... How I come alive when I'm delighting in Jesus, truly.
Don't mind me, just processing some things.
I enjoy so much more what I've been given, simple as they may be, when I'm on track.

4 comments:

  1. What a great gift! I love English tea and England too. Can't wait to go back there again some day, do you want to come with? I love reading your musings and find myself so blessed to be your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea is the best! I got some loose leaf for Christmas too. It's exciting to brew :) Hope you continue to enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being originaly from England, nothing is better than a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so fun! You know--we should have a tea party and a book club meeting at the same time--once a month. You start it up--I'll help! :-) And..I made my first card! Thanks so much for teaching me that. Made a pretty envelope with a hawaiin floral calender picture. It looks great and I made a ladybug card to go inside.

    ReplyDelete