Friday, December 11, 2009

musique de notre première année

Whoo! Who's that babe playing the bass with the long hair? Answer: my husband when he was in the hardcore band Weeping Prophetic in Arkansas...oh to have known him then...

Musique de notre première année. Music of our first year. Carla Harding, a favorite Brit blogger of mine, has this tradition every year of listing her favorite books/movies/music she's discovered throughout the year. I thought it'd be a good idea to remember the soundtrack of music of Andrew's and my first year of marriage. Here's what it'd sound like:

Above the Golden State
Michael Bublé
Damien Rice
burn PATTERN (Andrew's former band)
Josiah James
Jason Upton
Diaspora (Andrew & his friend Andrew's sideproject band)
Frank Sinatra
John Mayer
Jack Johnson
Coldplay (Viva La Vida)
Thrice
Dustin Kensrue
Nat King Cole (Christmas)
Chicago (Christmas)
Bing Crosby (Christmas)
Sara Groves (Christmas)
Kutless (worship album)
Matt Redman
Jeremy Riddle
Bob Marley
Sigur Ros
Sonata Arctica
Sondre Lerche
Michael Jackson
Amos Lee
Liason
Kansas
This Coming Season (friend Josh's band, real good)
Cream
Israel & New Breed
Johnny Cash
Dewey Lybecker
Keith Green
Enter the Worship Circle
Reliant K
Jon Foreman
David Crowder
Phil Wickham

So there you go. Soundtrack of our first year. Now I'm off to attempt making pumpkin swirl brownies, before the weekend gets real busy!

2 comments:

  1. I like so many on your list. :) Very good taste, dear heart, very good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach I totally have some new ones for you to try. Maybe they'll be on your list next year! I love that you are both crazy music lovers.

    ReplyDelete