Saturday, December 12, 2009

the brownies were good & a risk taken

Martha Stewart's pumpkin swirl brownies turned out alright, even though my oven cooks too hot, the edges of the brownies were singed & the the brownies on inside middle of the pan were liquidy when the timer went off. The lingering taste of cayenne after eating a brownie is really pleasant.
I took a risk today. See, I make cards & envelopes out of papers I collect from magazines, wrapping paper, brochures, etc., and the church I work at was having a craft fair today...so I decided to be brave & purchase a table to experimentally sell my wares. It was so fun! My friend Jenni agreed to share the table with me to sell her own unique rings, headbands, bracelets, necklaces, and "rosette" brooches. Our powers combined made for a more fun experiment & good company. We didn't make a ton of money, barely covering our costs, but the experience was fun & I'm considering the next brave step...dreaming of Etsy & a business like Painted White in my future.
Here's a picture of part of our table. Jenni's on the right.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Just like mom used to do. You guys should try a booth in a local show or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I didn't know you made cool cards-I'd love to see them.

    Thanks for your super sweet comment too, it honestly made my day!

    ReplyDelete