It was one of those walks. The temperature, breeze, leaves lifted, light, & sound all transported me back to South Dakota & washed me with awareness. Reminded me of several walks home in S.D., this walk to work I had this morning. His presence was there & loving me.
This weekend...my friend Laryn & I went to a craft bazaar. We walked into the entry way of the beautiful home hosting the bazaar & women surrounded Laryn, exclaiming over her swollen belly, oohing & ahhing & bestowing glorious, sweet joy, loving words & touches. Laryn was basking in it & I got a taste of it too. How appropriate...reminded me of Elizabeth & Mary in Luke 1. Generosity was shown to me too. I found a gift for my sister Erin's birthday (be watching the mail, soon, Angeldust!) & was given a precious gift myself. It has been over a year that I'd wanted a pretty, simply framed chalkboard to write inspirations on & I found it at the bazaar, more wonderful that I'd imagined it. The price was in my range, if I'd been shopping for myself, but it was given to me as a gift from the lady who made it. What! Generosity was shown to me, more than I deserved or expected.
Afterward, Andrew & I met with a student interested in serving as a Campus Catalyst for his university. (If you want to know what this means, go to www.campusamerica.org to read stories, watch the video & get involved with praying on college campuses.) I was feeling nervous & insecure about what to talk about, how to encourage, really feeling like my role in Campus America was the wrong size for me & I was too small to fit into it. But it was wonderful. Fredrick told us stories & we told him stories & my spirit was refreshed, being reminded of the God Most High who's still actively answering the prayers of His children. Groundless worrying, why do I get stuck so much?
And Sunday...listening to a Damien Rice song, I was distracted, missed the exit I was supposed to take & ended up taking a ten minute detour on my way to a book club. We're reading the book "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldridge, learning about unveiling beauty this week. That detour that seemed like a waste of time, the song I happened to be listening to, I realized later these happenings were instrumental in teaching me about love. Abandoned, wild, passionate, generous, love. When it's "safe" to give, when circumstances allow, the timing's just right, love is crazy & sometimes makes no sense...
...somewhat like this post.
It makes me so proud that my wife diligently seeks after the Lord and invites Him to speak into her life. I am so proud of you, so proud to be your husband, and so thankful that God is speaking to you through all sorts of things... I love You so much!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst, Andrew's comments are so sweet. What a blessing you have (and vice versa!!!)
ReplyDeleteSecondly, i love reading your blog! You paint beautiful pictures of God's hand and His grace in your life. They always encourage me to stop and...breathe and trust the Lord. :D
Rach, you really have "sight". Many of us forget to take time to enjoy the everyday occurrences and actually celebrate them. You don't forget. I love those detours too. There is meaning to so much more than we realize. Keep listening...I love you sugarplum!
ReplyDeleteDid you just call me "Sugarplum"? Er-innn...I'm almost 25... :)
ReplyDelete