at the Farmer's Market on Saturday, Jamie & I perused the fresh offerings, sampled organic truffles (the chocolate kind), hazlenuts, berries, a pear, good things. I bought rainbow chard & hazelnuts. Then Sunday when Jamie & I went to the orchard/pumpkin patch we bought apples, pumpkins, garlic, and a yam between the two of us.
...pumpkins
Saturday evening Andrew & I went to a pumpkin carving party & had a blast. He did one with Calvin's grimace on it (from Calvin & Hobbes), and I attempted Cinderella's carriage, but it looks more like a face, interestingly enough. We're inspired now & plan to do more carving with Jamie today. She & I perused the huge boxes filled with pumpkins (.25 a pound, just had to mention it)
...pie
...pie
We were pie eaters this weekend. We had pie at the pumpkin carving party. We had pie for a Sunday picnic after church. We had pie when we played bingo with the senior citizens at our church on Sunday night. We still want more pie...our craving will be satisfied tonight, when Jamie comes over & we make use of the apples we picked in the orchard Sunday afternoon.
...friends
(Varying from the things beginning with a "P") Friday we supped with Mr. & Mrs. Rick Lewis, enjoying their company, their dog, a walk, and the BBC movie version of Charles Dickens's "Our Mutual Friend" which turned out to be excellent (all of it). The Lewises are dear to Andrew & I, Mr. Rick being a mutual friend :) and teacher of ours & his wife being the former receptionist at our college. We share taste in literary classics & BBC movie marathons. My good friend Jamie & I had quality time on Saturday, enjoying festive fall flinging herself into our awareness. We walked downtown in sprinkling rain & sunshine to the Farmer's Market & you already know what we did there. Then on Sunday, that was the day we went to the orchard, picked apples, found pumpkins to carve, etc. Also on Sunday Andrew & I went to an indoor soccer game & cheered on "Dwight's Army of Champions" (the team name...so clever).
(Varying from the things beginning with a "P") Friday we supped with Mr. & Mrs. Rick Lewis, enjoying their company, their dog, a walk, and the BBC movie version of Charles Dickens's "Our Mutual Friend" which turned out to be excellent (all of it). The Lewises are dear to Andrew & I, Mr. Rick being a mutual friend :) and teacher of ours & his wife being the former receptionist at our college. We share taste in literary classics & BBC movie marathons. My good friend Jamie & I had quality time on Saturday, enjoying festive fall flinging herself into our awareness. We walked downtown in sprinkling rain & sunshine to the Farmer's Market & you already know what we did there. Then on Sunday, that was the day we went to the orchard, picked apples, found pumpkins to carve, etc. Also on Sunday Andrew & I went to an indoor soccer game & cheered on "Dwight's Army of Champions" (the team name...so clever).
...adults of all ages
We attended a young adults pumpkin carving party. We attended youth group on Sunday night. We played bingo with senior citizens. Andrew won a bingo game the first time in his life. For his prize they gave him four packets of beef flavored ramen. What a happy guy he was! :)
Here's Jamie picking an apple.
At the orchard & near the patch in front of the pumpkin bins.
Oh how I love fall at the orchard! You must make this an annual event.
ReplyDeleteIt was a great weekend sweetheart. I absolutely loved it. Thank you for the pie on Monday night too (apple is my favorite). I love you and I'm so thankful for you.
ReplyDeleteHa ha....clever AJ...beairded man! Rach now I totally want to see that movie, Our Mutual Friend. I believe that I have that book, but I haven't started it yet. I love those BBC Dicken's movies, like David Copperfield, Bleak House and Nicholas Nickleby. I'll have to add that to my list.
ReplyDeleteYou should! Dickens is brilliant! All of his intricate plots, his crazy villians & themes of redemption woven through...these things make me so appreciate his works!
ReplyDelete