r haven't had sufficient time to get to know them. I was so glad for the chance. And it was at the coast! I've had a craving to see & hear & play at the coast, so this weekend was very timely.Lately I've had a desperate need to be known, to be known by girls who like me & love me & see the value in me and let me do the same for them. It has been freakishly hard lately. Amongst the different introductions & explanations & chat times at the conference with women from my church, I felt this need grow in me, to be known. There were women from different churches at the conference, too, friends & I was able to have that feeling of being known satisfied. It worked beautifully; those times made me eager to discover the pre-friends & to be more present when I was with women from my church.
Two escapes to the coast by myself also restored me & drew worship out of me.
And when I saw my husband again! How wonderful it was to be hugged & held & kissed & too much information-ed by him! What a thankful wife I am with a husband who treated me to an Irish cream soy latte (one he made), time to read on my own, & cuddle time on the couch as we watched The Bourne Ultimatum! We've been foolishly smiling like giddy children ever since we've been back in each other's company.
It was good to go away so that I could come home again.
Rachel--it was such a joy to have you as a roomie at the conferance. Amanda and I are looking forward to getting to know you more and your husband. I've had that same feeling of wanting to be known by others in the church, especially the women. I feel satisfied in that after the conferance as well. Sometimes if we want to be known we have to go out and let people know who we are! Have a great night and see you next sunday! Alyssa
ReplyDeleteOh Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI know that desperate feeling of wanting to be known. That's been one of the hardest things about living in LA again...
I'm so glad you had the chance to go and be known!
i totally understand the need to be known by other women. after a year of being at my church i am just starting to feel like im being known and knowing other woman. i think every woman has that feeling at times!
ReplyDeleterachel!
ReplyDeletei thank you for your post on our blog! i have come by to scope out yours as well. and this post tugged at my heart. ever since moving to Madison from Grand Rapids I've been wretchedly achey for female friends who KNOW me and understand me and have known me through past ups and downs... who know exactly what to say because of it, who remind me of who i am. sounds like you're a recent transplant, too... and we have this in common. i share your sentiment about desiring that we could be friends! ;) well, i'll keep reading your blog....
I love hearing about your awesome reunion with your man candy. You guys are a blessing to me and a wonderful example. :) Love you, friend
ReplyDelete~Rach
That brief little reunion section reminded me of times with my lovely wife. What a lucky guy I am! ... and A.J., too.
ReplyDeleteRachel I'm so glad to find here in blogland-and it was so very cool to see you at the coast (however brief!) I can completely relate to your thoughts on being known, I think we definitely have seasons where that urge is stronger and God is always so faithful to bring us together with those who can know and love us completely. Pray you're finding more and more of that!
ReplyDelete