Wednesday, July 1, 2009

band wife

As long as I have been a wife, I've been a band wife. The band began in September or so, and after a lot of hard work & practices & hang out sessions, the album is finished and for sale. (A couple of blogs ago I posted a pic with Cory Emery passing the finished album to me in memorandumm of the event.)

This Sunday the guys had a five hour practice & the wives (all band members are married) went to coffee together. Something Bekah (Cory's wife) said stuck with me. It concerns Cory & Bekah's recent career change that is now focused on the band & doing music professionally, something God has been obviously leading them towards in the last year. Bekah tells Cory before a band practice, "Go and live the dream!" And when he comes back, she asks him, "How was it living your dream?" That was encouraging for me to hear & I want to start speaking into Andrew's dreams & endeavors more. Especially when he's using his gifts to be a blessing... So I am definately encouraged to do that.

Andrew's been away for almost three days (at youth camp, he's a counselor) and I miss him. He's coming home for the night, late tonight, though, & I'm thrilled to see him. Burn Pattern's concert @ camp is tomorrow night & I am really looking forward to it. The band wives got a taste of the song set when we dropped in on their practice on Sunday. New songs are already being incorporated, and one that Andrew wrote! I'm so proud of my man. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh we could so have a very long conversation right now about wives encouraging their husbands dreams and how important it is. This is a lesson I am learning right now with Chris. Every weekend Chris' thinks he's about to be dropped and I spend the next twenty minutes encouraging him. But I truly believe it is one of the most imporant things a spouse can do for another spouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burn Pattern did so great at camp on Thursday!
    I'm exited to see them go far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Rachel Rachel!

    The bread recipe I used that time is one I adapted from this adorable 90-something named Clara. She has videos up on youtube on Great Depression Cooking. All the bread has in it is flour, yeast and water. I added salt. It's easy and delicious! I read someone's blog that actually made the recipe, but I can't remember which one it was! Shoot.

    How are you!?

    ReplyDelete