Monday, April 27, 2009

Portland, painting pottery, puttering in IKEA & a puppy


This weekend we went to Portland to spend time with some friends. Since Andrew & his friend Andrew (there are so many of those) are musically inclined, their friend Andrew...just kidding...their friend Jake recruited them to play their instruments for a worship gig @ his church. The youth group at this church was doing a 30 Famine event & so Andrew (2)'s wife LaRyn & I tagged along with our musical husbands. It was really great; we met up with friends Nate (drummer) and Bethany (Nate's wife). May I say it is wonderful to see my Andrew flourish in his gifts & to have friends who draw those gifts out of him. Being able to witness that is...a privilege. Love it.
So Andrew, Andrew, Jake, Nate, and Erin (Jake's fiance) led worship & it was really wonderful. They played "Grace Like Rain." :)

We travellers stayed at Nate & Bethany's and stayed up late. They have a puppy named Jameson. I have not had much exposure to puppies; kittens have garnered my "oh cute" responses up till now. PUPPIES ARE ADORABLE! Such energy! Such soft fur! Such reckless playfulness...Jameson attacked Nate & Bethany's other dog & it was hilarious.
Next day (Saturday) Andrew, Andrew, & Nate jammed on their electric guitars & drums, working on their metal music, whilst we wives painted pottery at one of those places (Erin! You understand. Mom, too!). It was very fun since Bethany, LaRyn & I are all artistically inclined. The painting & company was very enjoyable, but as I was putting double mint glaze on my vase I was thinking, "I get to see AJ soon. My favorite person. I'm so excited!" :)
Before embarking on the drive home, we galavanted over to IKEA (allowing a couple of hours, of course). Ironically, the girls had all experienced IKEA before, the guys had not. They were very good sports while we walked through the entire store, I raving about the colors. Color is one of my favorite things about IKEA's merchandise.
That night, back at home, Andrew & I put up our new shower curtain & laid out our new bath mat. Yellow. COLOR IN THE BATHROOM! Finally! It's nice.
Good weekend, full of time with friends & people we like. And it was spent with my favorite person. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment