Today we have been married five months, Andrew and I. Five is a number that has been significant in my life. Like the time I wasn't sure about going to Mexico, and I wondered if God cared about what I was going to do the summer of 2007. At that moment of breakdown on the couch, Leslee asked how much money my I had raised in support up to that point, I did quick addition in my head and said, "Five hundred fifty five. Oh. Five, five, five. Grace. Grace, grace, grace." Because five is a number associated with grace, perhaps, I've been told, to signify the five wounds Jesus had on His body when He died. His two hands, two feet, and side. $555.00 communicated grace then, as has 5:55 on the clock, several times, even my desire to have at least 5 children, and now, five months of marriage.
Don't know how to tie this up neatly because I could get quite mushy and sentimental (there will be times for that, after all, I did grow up on Anne of Green Gables), but think I shouldn't now. Maybe after five years. Five children. Five addresses. Five decades.
Rachel you started a blog!!! yay!!! Congrats on five months. I haven't really been keeping track but now that I think about it last tuesday was 10 months for Chris and I. Crazy how time fly's.
ReplyDeletewow 5 kids....loc! i like your blog it is very cute! i like you!
ReplyDelete