Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finished a book today

Three guesses what this picture is about. No, no, no. Okay, I'll tell you, indirectly. Firstly, today I finished a book called "Looking for Anne of Green Gables" by Irene Gammel. I'm into reading biographies lately, especially biographies of authors. George Macdonald is another author I'm learning about & I'd like to look Charlotte Bronte up next. Lucy Maud Montgomery's creation of Anne Shirley is the latest, though. She had a way of distilling all of her optimisim & sweet memories & pouring them into her books, though her own life wasn't as rosy as Anne's. The picture at the left inspired L.M. Montgomery in her writing of Anne. Surprising? Hmm...

For more by this author, I recommend "The Blue Castle" and the Emily trilogy, "Emily of New Moon," "Emily Climbs," and "Emily's Quest."

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very interesting book. I have never read a biography of L M Montgomery. I would add to your recommendations, Jane of Lantern Hill. Which is one of my other favorites by her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love L.M.! I'm rereading Anne of the Island right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. George MacDonald--Yes! Read Lilith, The Light Princess, The Princess and Curdie. He's one of the favorites in my reading list of authors.--Danell

    ReplyDelete