Tuesday, June 14, 2011

party planning as a ministry

This past weekend was a blur of parties. We had three graduation receptions to go to & I had one baby shower to attend. Add these parties to an already busy Sunday (a work day in our home), and hokey Pete did I feel like a party animal by the end!
Hokey Pete.
This post is about the baby shower. It was a glorious change of party pace. A thoughtfully put together celebration put together by my friend Rachel to bless my friend Laryn and her daughter-on-the-way Lux.
Rachel & her husband just moved into their house a couple of weeks ago (if that) and the house is charming. I was inspired and so I took lots of pictures of the party details & also some of the decorative things Rachel did around the house to make it beautiful.














I've been to a handful of parties that have blessed me, even though they weren't for me. A few girls I know, Rachel being one of them, have such a way with party planning that being part of one feels like I'm being ministered to. Presenting food in a simple but pretty way, thinking of quirky not shower-y games to play, making even the little details beautiful, all to make the bride or mom to be know that she is loved & supported and that life is worth celebrating.
I think this sort of thing makes Jesus happy because it's like I feel a part of his joy when I'm a witness to people being blessed in this way.

1 comment: