Thursday, June 16, 2011

non-dairy milk tasting

Tuesday nights I pack up Ransom & go hang out with the ladies while Andrew has band practice. Sarah, Coralie, Anne, and I had this idea to have a milk tasting. It probably came up because I am one of those dairy free people and my friends have recently tried things like coconut milk & rice milk in an effort to branch out. (What sweet girls, eh?)

Here's the line up: coconut water, oat milk (vanilla), chocolate hazelnut milk, almond milk (low fat vanilla) , rice milk (vanilla), and coconut milk.


We scored each milk with five being the best & one being the worst.
Chocolate hazelnut & coconut milk were the favorites. Rice milk surprised us & ended up being more likeable than we expected. Oat milk was good, until the grainy aftertaste hit, but we think it'd be good in baking & such.


This little boy on my lap was interested in my scoring sheet & pen.
For awhile he just laid in my arms, content to cuddle. Lately he's been doing this with Andrew & I, happy to be held & to look at us.

He gets a five out of five. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww!! I love it!! Yay for girls night!! Great post!! And I definitely give Ransom a five too!! :D Such a sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ransom gets a 4.5 because he doesn't like it when I eat him! LOL! Great post Rachel! I'm proud to have been part of it! Even more than that, I'm proud to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED reading this! You ladies are amazing! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete