Sunday, April 17, 2011

oh, his eyes...

I love his eyes. They're a stormy blue color that is different from either of his parents' eye color. He studies his surounding so intently with his eyes, I wonder what he's thinking.

I think the quilt in th background helps showcase his eye color, too.

(Thanks, mom! You're an artist!)

It amazes me that this beautiful baby boy was woven inside my womb so intricately & intentionally by God. God is familliar with all of Ransom's ways. We'll get to know his personality more as he grows into a boy, then a man. Miraculous. And to think Jesus took on such a shape to come save us! A vulnerable, dependent baby boy housing the Creator of the everything. And to think that God entrusted such a precious life to us. Fumbling, imperfect, insecure, weak=perfect candidates for raising a man of God. I'm thankful and aware of the joyful weight of this, dependent on His grace for the task.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe he's an observer like Liz? What a precious boy you have. I love these pictures! Miss you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wide eyes, so precious. I can't wait to snuggle him again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so refreshing to me to read this. It's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind (messes, arguments, obnoxious noises). I am taking the time this morning to see my girls in this light, and my mom title as ambassador of God's parenting to my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete