Monday, June 28, 2010

just another little reason to be proud of him

The day I returned from the ladies retreat, AJ was asked to play a show that night. His friends from Burn Pattern were playing a show at a local coffee & pizza place & the opening band they'd had scheduled couldn't make it, so they, appreciating the musical genius of my husband, asked him to fill in.
Oh, the moments that make me proud. First, I was thankful for his good friends who don't hesitate to ask him to be a part of what they're doing because they recognize a good thing in him. Maybe I'm gratified because I'm not the only one who sees the good things in him, but others see them too. Even apart from his band mates from Without a Poet, he has quality to offer, a good gift to give back. I think it's a beautiful thing when he has a chance to, as Cory says, "explode", because it's complete Jesus worship.
May more of these opportunities come, and may there be more explosions.

No comments:

Post a Comment