Friday, April 23, 2010

this guy

See this guy*? He is wonderful. Why, you ask? Because this afternoon he bought me a plane ticket to go to Minnesota in June. Why does that make him wonderful? Because he knew that I wanted to go to my sister's sister-in-law Katie's wedding for the chance to not only see her become wedded into nuptial bliss, but to also spend some quality time with my family, who will all be there. That is why he is wonderful, and generous, and loving, and self-sacrificing, and...many other things.

*A note about the picture: this was taken immediately after Andrew finished the book The Great Divorce. His reactions to things are so fun to experience. He loved this book & after he finished I heard him laughing and exclaiming & I just happened to have my camera handy & snapped this photo. Another reason that makes him wonderful: he has great taste in books.


3 comments:

  1. Love that picture! I love too that he bought you a ticket to come visit us! What a great bro-in-law I have! He does have great taste in books too. I loved The Great Divorce as well. I have a fondness for the first page, where I first ran into the word "queue" and also images of Napoleon wandering through a hell of boredom and imagining hell as just a crack in the floor of heaven. So sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Divorce is one of my top 5 favorite books. You are one of my top 5 favorite friends. Your husband is one of my top 5 favorite worship leaders. I'm so happy you get to go to MN this summer! Minneapolis is one of my top 5 favorite cities. So excited for you!

    On an unrelated note, my friend Amy has a blog that I think you would LOVE! playinghouseblog.com. Its a food blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five is one of my favorite numbers!

    ReplyDelete