Tuesday, March 23, 2010

these are some things we've been doing lately

Since I've been lacking with my own words lately, here are some pictures of some things we've been doing in the last couple of weeks.


I've been reading plays like "The Miracle Worker" (about Helen Keller) while we waited for a baby to be born.

Here's the handsome family! Andrew (another one!) & Laryn with their baby girl Lyric.

Andrew getting some baby time.

I (while Andrew had a barbecue with the guys) helped my friend Coralie throw a green themed tea party the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day.


My friend John made the shamrock cake. Chocolate mint with ganache filling
and it was vegan too!


We have eaten broiled grapefruit.


We've worn green for St. Patrick's Day.


We visited IKEA.


Spent some quality time at Powell's Books in Portland with my cousin Brianna & Aunt Sue. Breezy & I are here in the cookbook section.


And enjoyed a delicious dinner on St. Patrick's Day with our visiting relatives. It was such a fun time! I'm so thankful for visiting family, and for spring breaks that make visits like this one possible.

Also been thinking about how I can encourage my man with his music. I'm attempting to be more vocal about this & to demonstrate with my actions that I can gladly make room in our lives for him to create & pursue his dream. Working on it. Last night Andrew helped his friend Josh by playing in his band for a show last night. During & after the time they were performing, two people we respect very much (yay Ray & Becki!) came up to me & said what a great bass player Andrew is, how there's something about his bass playing that stands out from other bassists. I think so too, but it's not only with his playing of the bass. It's also with his singing, his guitar playing, his songwriting, his screamo-ing, his roaring.
He was meant for this.

1 comment: