Sunday, January 24, 2010

a live coal in the sea

Reading a book by Madeleine L'Engle called A Live Coal in the Sea. The title comes from a quote from William Langland. (Anyone know who he is? First time I've come upon his name.) It was written by him around fourteen hundred:

"But all the wickedness in the world which man may do or think is no more to the mercy of God than a live coal dropped in the sea."

That's needed for me lately. Pride/jealousy/resentment/unhealthy comparisons have been rearing their ugly heads in my life (I've been allowing them) at a time when I feel a stirring, when I feel messages of assurance being dropped into my spirit that this time in our lives is good, that God has good in store & if I can just abide, I'll be in the sweet spot. Living life to the fullest, the Jesus way. But it's hard, impossible. But with God all things are possible.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to read right now. :) Thankyou dear heart.

    ReplyDelete