Saturday, January 5, 2013

A bit of Beauty: story time

I'm reading a book called "Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches" by Rachel Jankovic and last night this part from chapter two stuck out to me:

"...the state of your heart is the state of your home. You cannot harbor resentment secretly toward your children and expect their hearts to be submissive and tender. You cannot be greedy with your time and expect them to share their toys. And perhaps more importantly, you cannot resist your opportunities to be corrected by God and expect them to receive correction from you.
"God has given us the job of teaching His law and demonstrating His grace. We are to be guides to our children as they learn to walk with God."

After reading those words I am challenged to let go some of the selfish little ways I want to spend my time and to savor Ransom more. Only a few months remain of our time with him being the only little one in our home, and I want to work on being present with him, not always preoccupied with a list of other things.

Today there was a lot of reading stories. We have "Caps for Sale" memorized and Ransom is intrigued by Adam in his beginner's Bible. "Mama, Adam naked!"

No comments:

Post a Comment