I've been feeling introspective and thankful lately for lots of things that have happened this year, especially for the surprising things. Here's a list of 'em:
• We had to replace our Buick after wrecking it, and found a new (used) car, a Subaru Outback, which has been such a blessing...except for the few times it's needed repairs, although even those could be considered blessings since having it repaired means AJ gets to spend some quality time with Brian, our trustworthy Subaru Outback expert, who happens to be one of AJ's close friends. (See? Another example of how Jesus takes our sad circumstances and makes them beautiful.)
•We moved into a new home, a house we're renting with our friends Tia & Stephanie. It's got a spacious kitchen/dining area, a fenced backyard, space for a garden (hope to grow in that area this next year), and it's just a block away from the church where AJ works. This means he can come home for lunch and we can walk to church. It has been a tremendous blessing for our family!
•We found out we're having a baby GIRL in the spring! I was convinced we were going to have a boy, but I should never trust my inklings in this situation because I've been wrong both times! I must say, we're thrilled about welcoming a girl into this family, and I'm in the middle of purging excess stuff to make room for her. Gotta have space for all the shoes, right?
•Finally, a welcome surprise was the news that my in-laws are going to be moving to our area to pastor the church I attended in college!! We're going to have family living close by, something we've never experienced in all our (four) married years. It's been hard but good to be so far away from family because it caused AJ and me to depend on God, each other, and our church family from the beginning of our life together. Change is exciting, though! I am already feeling the benefits of this blessing, knowing that when baby girl arrives, Ransom will have grandparents to stay with when I'm in the hospital. How comforting to know we will have them close by and that our kids will grow up with family near by, something I have hoped for!
It's been a good year, and I'm looking forward to the new things to come. We have so much to be thankful for!
Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment