Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Late Tuesday Night

Tuesday nights are band practice nights for AJ, girls Small group night for me. After the girls leave and I put Ransom to bed, I am able to indulge in a little quiet time until AJ comes home. Some nights this means baking projects, reading, bubble baths, movie (or the Mary Tyler Moore Show) watching, or art making (tonight's activity for me).
Earlier tonight I felt defeated, ineffective for Jesus, doubtful that my life was making any difference, especially in my role as AJ's ministry partner and as an older sister/friend/encourager/mentor for the girls in the youth group. In the moment of texting my sister about my insecurities, one of the girls unexpectedly knocked on the door, arriving for small group. She brought me a latte...a soy lavender latte, which she remembered was a favorite of mine. Wow. Holy shark bait, Batman! I felt known and loved, not just by her, but by my faithful, oh so on time God.
Side notes:
::my mama and daddy left Saturday and we had a delightful time with them
::last week I went strawberry picking three times (with Jamie and mum and dad) and it was splendid...how many more trips can I get in, I wonder...
::Girls group tonight went well, and I feel like I am getting to know these girls better
::AJ and I are reading "Parenting by the Book" together do we can get some biblical wisdom on the terrific twos that Ransom will be entering into soon
::I let Ransom play with my color swatches tonight and he made a game out of sliding them through his baby gate, and I slid them through the other side, creating a repetitive game :)
::AJ is continuing to enjoy cooking shows (watching Master Chef and checking out Jamie Oliver cookbooks are fuel for the fire) and has plans to make brioche, ketchup, and ravioli soon...he started making pasta from scratch this weekend
::I yearn to be more effective for Jesus, even in my often isolated life at home with a baby, and am struggling to understand how it can work...I must not (as Liz said) belittle this calling to be at home with him, because this is kingdom work too

1 comment:

  1. Sis, your example challenges me to be a better mom, wife, and mentor! Love you!

    ReplyDelete